EXW / EX Works (named place of delivery)
The EXW prices are not including costs for loading the goods on the vehicle or for clearing the goods for export, unless otherwise agreed.
Alternatively, the FCA term can be used, that includes required export formalities.
FCA – Free Carrier (named place of delivery)
In FCA terms the seller must:
- Provide the goods and commercial invoice in conformity with the contract of sale.
- Render the buyer every assistance with required export formalities.
- Place the goods at the disposal of the buyer at the named place of delivery on the date or within the period stipulated and according to delivery contract.
Other Delivery Terms
Other delivery terms can be arranged based on signed agreement between suppliers and buyers.
The other delivery terms can be:
- CPT – Carriage Paid To (named place of destination)
- CIP – Carriage and Insurance Paid to (named place of destination)
- DAT – Delivered At Terminal (named terminal at port or place of destination)
- DAP – Delivered At Place (named place of destination)
- DDP – Delivered Duty Paid (named place of destination)
- DDU – Delivered Duty Unpaid (named place of destination)
- FAS – Free Alongside Ship (named port of shipment)
- FOB – Free on Board (named port of shipment)
- CFR – Cost and Freight (named port of destination)
- CIF – Cost, Insurance & Freight (named port of destination)
The responsibilities of all parties in these delivery terms are specified in Incoterms and should be additionally defined in signed delivery contracts between suppliers and buyers.